There are many reasons couples get a separation agreement but the below are the top four common reasons we get approached for our service.
1. The bank told you to get one
More and more it seems people contact us because they need to get a separation agreement before the bank will take someone off the mortgage.
2. The boat, the car, or the motorbike?
Not much more to say, except no one wants a sharing arrangement for their vehicle.
The last thing you want to be doing is paying off your ex’s student loan.
Sort out that thing you put your property into and don’t really know much else about it, except now you want your property back out.
Rental properties, savings, your favourite couch, whatever it is, there are things you want to make sure you keep when you separate.
Separating is already a difficult process and the thought of involving lawyers only adds more stress. Where do we even start? Lawyers are expensive, how much will it cost? We know what is ours, why do I need a lawyer complicating it? How long will it take?
Well Agreeable is here to make the process easy for you. Whether the bank is making you get one, or you want one for any of the above reasons, we are here to help.
How can Agreeable help?
- For $350.00 you can purchase a separation agreement (here). The software will lead you step-by-step through creating your own agreement.
- Once completed, we will work with you make sure the agreement is in the best shape possible!
- We arrange two independent lawyers to certify your agreement (make it legally binding).
We can complete the process in 10 days from payment. The cost for certification will be a fixed price quoted to you prior to proceeding (see the pricing structure below).
If you need any further information, enquire now!
Pricing structure for Certification/Advice (incl. price for two independent lawyers). See what you might expect to pay when you certify your separation agreement through Agreeable*
$1,500 + GST
Our Basic package is best for dividing assets and liabilities like:
- A family home
- KiwiSaver and superannuation
- Cash accounts
- Family chattels (such as boats, furniture, jewellery, etc)
$1,750 + GST
Your agreement will be Moderate if you’ve got some more sophisticated assets or you need legal input to ensure the agreement is effective in your particular circumstances. In addition to the assets included in the basic agreement, there will likely be some of the following:
- Rental properties,
- Adjustment payments (where one party pays the other to compensate for an unfair asset divide)
- Unfairness between what each party ends up with following separation
*If you have a trust, we will work closely with you to find the best course of action and cost. Depending on the trust arrangements required, the agreement could be a Complex rather than Moderate one.
$X,000 + GST
The price for a Complex agreement is difficult to estimate, but Agreeable will either provide a quote or help facilitate an ongoing arrangement between lawyers and clients.
A Complex agreement is likely one where a significant amount of money is being divided, large businesses, complex trusts or businesses alongside the other factors already included in the Basic and Moderate packages.