No – but this depends on your situation. Some partners with complex assets or needs may well need legal advice (as the certification stage provides advice on the effects and implications of the agreement only).
- Separation vs Divorce: What You Should Know
- What is a De Facto Relationship in NZ?
- How to Buy Out Your Partner from the Mortgage
- What is a Prenup?
- Cost of a Separation Agreement
- Property (Relationships) Act: A Handy Guide for Kiwis
- Five Helpful Tips to Save Time & Money on Certification
- A Guide to Property Sharing Agreements