You must properly disclose to each other all relevant information about relationship and separate property. Any documents you have to show current values or titles (such as Kiwisaver accounts, House value, cars, bank accounts) should be available to show your lawyer. They will let you know any other documents they need.
- Separation vs Divorce: What You Should Know
- What is a De Facto Relationship in NZ?
- How to Buy Out Your Partner from the Mortgage
- What is a Prenup?
- Cost of a Separation Agreement
- Property (Relationships) Act: A Handy Guide for Kiwis
- Five Helpful Tips to Save Time & Money on Certification
- A Guide to Property Sharing Agreements