Only one of you needs to live in New Zealand for the agreement to be binding. The jurisdiction of the Property Relationships Act 1976 relates to all property in New Zealand and “moveable” property anywhere in the world (ie not land). You can agree to divide all such property in your separation agreement and it should be enforceable by New Zealand Courts.
- What is a Prenup?
- What Is A Contracting Out Agreement? 10 Things to Know
- The government is doing new things for housing – so are we!
- Separation Agreements and the family home
- CODR is now Agreeable!
- Is your business safe from relationship property claims?
- Dividing your assets in a separation
- 4 common reasons people get a separation agreement