We will collect personal information from you if necessary
We will only collect personal information from you where it is necessary to deliver the services and/or products you have requested from us.
The types of personal information we will collect may include:
- Your full name.
- Your contact details, including your email address, phone number and postal address.
- Your location.
- Your date of birth and age.
- Your gender.
- Your vehicle registration number.
- [Your identification information, such as your driver licence or passport and a bank statement to prove your address.]
- Any personal information you provide for the purposes of completing the Agreement. This may include sensitive or confidential information provided for the purpose of resolving your dispute, for example details about your personal life, relationships, family, health, financial affairs, assets and liabilities.
- Photos and videos of you taken during the online Agreement certification process.
- Your computer/network Internet Protocol (‘IP’) address.
- Any personal opinions you tell us about or feedback you provide on our products and services.
How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- You, when you provide that personal information to us, including via our website and any related service, and through any contact with us (such as telephone or email);
- The other party to the Agreement, where you have authorised them to provide your personal information to us;
- The lawyers who provide the independent advice necessary to enable the Agreement to be certified; and
- Other third parties, where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information in the following ways:
- To provide the services and/or products you have requested and to contact you in relation to these.
- [To verify your identity and to comply with our obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009.]
- To enable you to pay the fees for our services and/or products.
- To improve our services and products based on your feedback.
- To market our services and products to you, including by email [and via Facebook, Google and other third party advertisers. We will immediately remove you from any mailing list if you request it. You can review your Google advertisement settings at http://www.google.com/settings/ads and your Facebook advertisement settings at https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/ .]
- To improve our website.
- To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim.
- For any other purpose authorised by you or under the Privacy Act 2020 or any subsequent legislation replacing it.
Your payment details
We do not collect payment information such as credit or debit card details.
When you pay for independent advice on and certification of your Agreement, we will send you an invoice for the fixed fee, for payment by bank transfer.
Sharing your personal information
There will be times when we need to share your personal information with third parties. We will only disclose your personal information to:
- The other party to the Agreement (for example your partner or ex-partner).
- The lawyers who provide the independent advice necessary to enable the Agreement to be certified. These may include lawyers other than those who end up providing advice on and certifying your Agreement.
- Any other lawyer(s) who are engaged by you or the other party in relation to the Agreement.
- Automio, which provides the software to enable you to complete an Agreement.
- VideoSign, which provides the software to enable you to receive advice from your lawyer and sign the Agreement by video link.
- Xero, which provides the accounting software to enable us to invoice you for the advice and certification of the Agreement.
- Third party service providers and other people working with us who assist and enable us to use the personal information to, for example, support delivery of or provide functionality on the website or services, or to market or promote our goods and services to you.
- Any attorney or property manager, where either party to the Agreement has lost capacity to deal with their own affairs or is subject to an order or management pursuant to the Protection of Personal and Property Rights Act 1988 or any other legislation that could restrict their ability to deal with their property.
- Any trustee(s) of a family trust, where ratification of the Agreement by the trustee(s) is required.
- Any trustee or executor, where either party to the Agreement has died.
- Any financial institution and/or financial advisor, where authorised by you or the other party to the Agreement.
- Any school or childcare provider, where authorised by you or the other party to the Agreement.
- Regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts, tribunals or dispute resolution providers, or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure.
- An actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisors) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business.
- Other people, where authorised by you.
Your personal information may be stored on the servers of our third party service providers, which may be located outside New Zealand. This may involve the transfer of your personal information to countries which offer less protection for personal information than New Zealand.
Internet use and cookies
How we protect your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised disclosure, or other misuse.
We keep your personal information safe by [storing it in a password-protected customer relationship management system and only allowing certain staff to access it].
How long we will keep your personal information
We will keep your personal information for reasonable period after your Agreement has been completed and certified. In some cases, we may delete your personal information sooner if you request us to.
The lawyers who provide the independent advice necessary to enable the agreement to be certified will keep a copy of the Agreement for such period required by law, or longer depending on their document retention policies.
How you can access and request correction to your personal information
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you. If you think any of the personal information we hold is inaccurate, you can ask us to correct it. We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
You can also object to the use of your personal information for certain purposes, including marketing.
If you would like to request access to, or correction of, your personal information, or have any other questions about how we handle your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org